Search This Blog

Voting

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tasty Tuesday

This one is for you Terra....

Creamy Cheddar Soup

This is literally one of my favorite recipes now. I tried this the other night and Anthony and I both were moaning with every bite. It is completely delicious. I hope you'll try it. I served it with crusty french bread and an iceberg wedge blue cheese salad. Delicious.


Ingredients:

1 small onion, diced
2 large pimentos, diced
3 tablespoon butter
3 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cup chicken stock
1 1/2 cup heavy cream
1 cup grated mild cheddar cheese
1/2 cup green onions
Salt and black pepper, to taste
dash of cayenne pepper (optional)

Directions:

In a saucepan, saute onion and pimentos in butter for 5 to 7 minutes. Blend in flour. Add stock and cream. Cook until thick. Add cheese and stir until melted. Add 1/4 cup green onions, salt and pepper to taste, and cayenne if desired. Garnish with remaining green onions.



This recipe was originally taken from Paula Deen however, I did make a few changes by adding 1/4 up more cheese and making it heavy cream as opposed to just cream. I hope you try and enjoy this delicious soup!

P.S. Pictures are coming..Anthony took picture of my actual soup so when you see a picture..it's my soup! :)

No comments: