Search This Blog

Voting

Friday, April 25, 2008

The lovely familiarity.

Last night Anthony and I were talking on the phone as we were both driving home seperately and he said something profound that he probably did not even realize touched me so deeply. He said "I am in a happy and productive relationship so I don't need him to tell me how to treat my woman." Now, he was talking a little bit negatively about someone but in the process, he made me realize how happy and productive we really are. We are a couple who makes decisions together, respects each other, and truly gives 100% to each other on a daily basis. Sometimes that means that we sacrifice fun things in order to help make the other one feel safe and taken care of but overall, we have each other's best interest at heart. I have never had something happy and productive and it sure feels good to have it.

I realized today too that I run to Anthony any time I have a hard time and I can talk to him about anything. Sometimes I think that might be a bad idea as I still long for that mystery to stay between us that keeps us coming back for more but then I think, I truly believe I am living with my best friend and the most amazing boyfriend and future husband that there is. God has been so incredibly good to me in giving me this beautiful familiarity and providing me such a stable, happy, productive, and extremely exciting life with a beautiful man.

No comments: