Search This Blog

Voting

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Making, Finding, and Having Time


Anthony and I are learning a new marriage lesson lately. That lesson is about TIME. We neither one have a whole lot of extra time with our busy schedules. Two days of the week I spend the entire day down at school taking classes, one day a week I am with clients the whole morning and afternoon. The days I am off school, I am doing homework that takes a lot of my time. Anthony works 5/7 days ...sometimes 6/7 days and he works over 10 hour shifts most days. As you can imagine, we are having a hard time finding time.

This week Anthony had tuesday off and we went out to a wonderful dinner at Black Angus where we had a lovely steak dinner and noone had to do dishes or cook. It was delightful. The downside is that we don't have a lot of time together but the up side (which this pollyanna always likes to find) is that when we do have time together, we no longer waste that time by sitting on the couch watching tv, doing other things, or scheduling other tasks while we are together. Now, we treasure this time so much that we turn off cell phones, don't get on the internet and only watch tv if it's something we bond over (like CSI:Las Vegas)

So, I guess my lesson is that time is relative and it matters what you do with your time and you have to MAKE time for each other. God is continuing to teach us every day on this journey called marriage. So far, it's a great trip. We are going on 2 months married soon! :)

Have a lovely day everyone!

1 comment:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Ohhh Black Angus! I miss that restaurant! What about Claim Jumper? Do you ever eat there? That was one of my favs too! I know that wasn't the point of this post, but food always distracts me! LOL