Search This Blog

Voting

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Hosting Turkey Day


So here I am in my first married year and I am challening myself quite a bit by hosting Thanksgiving Dinner for our family. We have invited Anthony's immediate family and that's all we can really house in our 1 bedroom/1 bathroom apartment. I am pretty nervous about getting everything done on time, making sure the house is uber-clean, and having everyone here to enjoy dinner. Anthony is a very big help so I know he will be right beside me helping me make it marvelous but I have to be honest that I am nervous to cook for my in-laws. I am extremely blessed in that I have two amazing brother in laws and a great mother in law. My mother in law is also re-married to Anthony's step father and he's pretty cool too. Anthony's brothers also have great partners to share their lives with so I at least like everyone coming to my house for dinner.

So far the menu is Turkey, Ham, mashed potatoes, homemade mac & cheese, deviled eggs, yams, stuffing, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, and lemon squares. Let me know if you have any recipes that will wow a crowd. I am nervous so rest assured the blog will be with me all the way. Look forward to some pics being posted of my big day!

--e-

No comments: