Search This Blog

Voting

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Our First Married Thanksgiving

As you all know, I agreed to host my husband's family for Thanksgiving. Let me just tell you that it went AWESOME. The food all turned out excellent and got done at the same time and everyone had a lot of fun. Anthony and I cleaned the house to crazy wife standards and then by 7 am we started cooking. Our Menu consisted of the following

Turkey
Ham
Mashed Potatoes
Stuffing
Sweet Potatoes *candied*
Corn
Green Bean Casserole
Rolls
Deviled Eggs
Cheeseball
Cocktail Weinies with sauce
Macaroni & Cheese
Gravy
Pumpkin Pie
Strawberry Rubarb Pie
Lemon Squares
Chocolate Chip cookies

Let me just say that EVERYTHING was homemade and from scratch and it went so well. Everyone complimented our lovely home and the amazing food which felt so good. I did it, I succeeded in throwing my first family holiday and it went wonderfully. The brothers all played video games after dinner and I took some pictures to soon be on here as well as facebook and myspace. I hope you enjoy them and I am also going to add pictures of our Christmas decorations that we have up. After it was all over, everyone asked that I host Thanksgiving every year. Oh boy, what have I done?! :) Anyway, Anthony was smiling and that's all that matters to me! I hope yours was fantastic as well!

No comments: