Search This Blog

Voting

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tasty Tuesday


Today's Tasty Tuesday is based around a dish I would probably pay more money for than I have but have since found a way to pay less money for it than I pay normally. If any of that didn't make sense, I apologize. I am a huge fan of the Old Spaghetti Factory and I love their dish, "Spaghetti with Browned Butter and Mizithra" It is just as easy as it sounds as it is simply spaghetti pasta tossed in Browned butter and sprinkled with Mizithra Cheese. In the restaurant, this retails for $9.99 which is a steal may I add.

I, however, have decided to start making it at home more often when I want it and only pay about $2.00 for the dish and I get more by doing it at home. I basically just decided to start buying Mizithra Cheese from the Spaghetti Factory, thereby still supporting one of my favorite restraurants. The cheese comes in a pretty considerable amount for about $6.00 and you need about 1/6 of the bag for one serving of the Spaghetti. Since that is true the cheese only runs you about $1.00 per serving. A considerable amount of Spaghetti at the grocery store can cost you anywhere from 30 cents to 50 cents if you buy a generic brand. Add that to the small amount of butter you use on the pasta to get the cheese to stick and it only runs about $2.00 to make this dish at home.

There are also ways to make it healthier which I have also tried and have been successful at but let's be honest, the full fat version always tastes the best. A couple other (more healthy) ways to prepare this dish are to use whole wheat pasta or even use spaghetti squash which is even better for you. Today, I encourage you to find your own special dishes in restaurants and try to make them. You'll love it!

1 comment:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

YUM that's my favorite dish from there too!!!