Search This Blog

Voting

Friday, June 13, 2008

It's raining roaches?!




So the other night, I noticed this noise when I turned on the bathroom light. Our bathroom has a light/fan so when you turn on one, you turn on the other. I didn't think much about it until later when Anthony asked me if I had killed a cockroach in the bathroom. I immediately told him no because IF I had seen a cockroach in our bathroom, I would be screaming and running for the hills. I want nothing to do with such a creature. He then showed me that there was a leg, just a leg of a cockroach in our bathroom floor. I jokingly said "well, he's running around without a leg if there is!" thinking it was something else entirely. Anthony shut the door, did his business and then came out looking rather scared to tell me what was going on.








He quickly said "Erica, we need to go to Walgreens." Now, it was 12:00 midnight so I was pretty curious why we would want to do that. He wouldn't tell me and continued to persist that we needed to go. I soon learned that he had seen a cockroach or cockroaches in our bathroom and did not want to show me for fear I would move out. He is pretty smart because I certainly would. I kept asking him until he finally showed me that the people upstairs from us apparently have an issue because they are ONLY in our vent. I was so grossed out that my hair stood up on the back of my neck and I ran out of the bathroom gagging. Yes, I am a bit dramatic about bugs but c'mon are you serious?!








Now, I should note, I LOVE MY APARTMENT and it's really nice. I think that is why this surprised me so much. We called the front desk and they sprayed and all is well but it was just too much for me not to share. I am pretty sure I am traumatized! See pictures for location!

No comments: