Search This Blog

Voting

Friday, May 8, 2009

Faith Friday


1 Corinthians 2:9

However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who loved Him (NIV)

Today's post is going to be about the above verse because I am reminded of this concept every single day in my walk with God. Last night is a great example. I gave my speech last night for the Hooding Ceremony for my Masters Degree. It was amazing. The whole ceremony was very good and my speech went well. The thing that amazed me was how God was truly there through the whole thing for me. My professor gave me a little matchbox Mustang after I spoke in honor of my grandpa and that filled my heart and reminded me of how proud he would have been.

The overall thoughts in my head last night were that God has done such amazing things in my life through pain and suffering and I could never have forseen any of them. Even as I prepare for my commencement this Saturday, I realize how special these times are. As I saw my boss show up to hooding last night and enjoy my speech on God (when he is not a believer) really showed me that I can not conceive what God has prepared for me.

I am going in to a time of complete trust with the Lord and I am actually really excited to see what God has prepared for me. I know that things are not happening the way that I forsaw them happening and sometimes if I am not careful this can cause me anxiety and disappointment as opposed to excitement of how God is going to show his character and provision for me. As I read this verse I realized that he has amazing things planned and it's not for me to know or figure out but to just rest and trust him through it.

Isn't that an exciting truth that we cannot even begin to conceive what he has planned for those that love Him! :) Thank you Jesus for your love and plan for my life!

No comments: