Search This Blog

Voting

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Scrapbook Sunday


So today I decided to talk about one of my newer hobbies of playing guitar. Anthony got me my first guitar for Christmas last year and I just adore it. Can I play it yet? No! But, I love it and I am trying. I am not sure anyone will care but I have taken some time to begin researching guitarists. I have decided to enlighten you on some top guitarists over the next couple of Sunday posts. (By the way...the guitar that is pictured at the top of this blog, is my guitar!!! I love it)

Today's top guitarists is Jimi Hendrix. Here is a little Jimi Hendrix data and a nice picture of him doing his thing!



Jimi Hendrix was an American guitarist, singer and songwriter. Hendrix is considered one of the greatest and most influential guitarists in rock music history. After initial success in England, he achieved worldwide fame following his 1967 performance at the Monterey Pop Festival. Later, Hendrix headlined the iconic 1969 Woodstock Festival. Jimi Hendrix helped pioneer the technique of guitar feedback with overdriven amplifiers, incorporating into his music what was previously an undesirable sound. Hendrix is also widely thought to be influenced by Pete Townshend of The Who, who performed in London when Hendrix started his career there in 1966.

Fender 60s Reverse Headstock Stratocaster is Jimi's signature guitar.

1 comment:

Terra said...

Jimi is awesome! Have you listened to anything from Joe Bonamassa? He is a legend in our time and a truly AMAZING guitarist!! (Coming from me that's saying something, because very few musicians today really impress me). I can honestly say he is the ONLY musician to ever move me to tears strictly because of the passion and talent he emits while watching him.

Good luck with your guitar learning...I've never managed to learn a musical instrument.