Search This Blog

Voting

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Tasty Tuesday


One of the greatest tools in my kitchen are my Ziploc Zip N Steam bags. If you haven't used these I totally recommend them as they make healthy cooking really easy. I found the idea on The Biggest Loser and started experimenting with them in my own kitchen. I am trying to eat healthier and include incredibly lean sources of protein into our diets so I have made today's Tasty Tuesday one of my ziploc recipes of...

Garlic Lemon Cod:

In a small bowl, prepare rub of 1 teaspoon Olive Oil, 3/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder, and 1/4 teaspoon season salt

Use 1 cod fillet; 8-12 oz, about 1/2 inch thick, cut in half. Spoon Rub on top of cod, spreading evenly

Put prepared cod in Medium or Large Zip and Steam bag, placing thicker parts toward outer edge of bag, seal bag and place in microwave

Cook on full power for 3 and 1/2 - 4 minutes or until cod is cooked through or flakes easily. Use 30 second intervals if cod is not cooked at first until it is thoroughly cooked.

Allow to stand one minute before handling. Put fresh lemon juice onto fish once removed from the bag. Serve with Parsley and Butter if desired.

This is a great way to get good protein really fast and not make a mess making fish! :)

No comments: